- Hardening of titanium
- Using carbon & nitrogen
- A gas process
- Galling resistance, ASTM test
- Wear resistance, ASTM test
- Corrosion resistance, test
- Galling test - titanium Grade 5
- SuperExpanite C
- Sigma Phase
- Tungsten carbide coating
- Monel & Inconel
- Tailor-made solutions
- Expanite patents
- Replacing hard chrome plating
A gas process
- The surface hardening Solution
The benefits of a gaseous proces
The Expanite® processes are gas processes. As a consequence, faults and small cavities are easily reached by the gasmolecules and hardened.
The processing is performed in retort furnaces with excellent gascirculation and temperature homogeneity - an extremely uniform hardening is achieved.
Effectively, even parts with high packing density can be treated as bulkware.