Expanite surface hardening on stainless steel
Goes beyond the surface to make you more competitive
Expanite is a game-changing surface hardening process for stainless steel coating that will make you and your customers much more competitive. Our patented and proven technology, scientific know-how and flexible delivery model significantly improves product performance, quality, and reduces costs.
Not another coating
The Expanite treatment effectively removes the oxide film covering stainless steels. This allows controlled incorporation of carbon and nitrogen atoms in the underlying metal. The hardened layer is characterized by an expansion of the material structure. We call this zone expanded austenite, expanded martensite, or simply, Expanite.
- ...are applicable to the most common stainless steel alloys including austenitic, martensitic, ferritic and duplex grades
- ...are gaseous, thus properties can be tailored to match your exact needs
- ...can deliver parts that withstand 1000+ hours in salt spray,while having a controlled surface hardness of 1000-1800HV
- ...run on a day-to-day basis, resulting in lead-times significantly lower than alternatives
- ...can either be offered from our treatment centre or implemented on-site, directly in your production line